31. Betty has _________ ear for music. Her parents wish her to be a musician.
A. a B. an C. / D. the
32. ______ a teacher， Miss Lee always puts her students first.
A. At B. With C. As D. For
33. — _______ did you feel sorry for her？
Because I didnt help her when she was in need of help.
A. Why B. What C. Who D. How
34. ________ is important to learn a second language.
A. This B. That C. It D. There
35. — What ________ your mother do five years ago？
She _______ a worker.
A. did； is B. does； is
C. did； was D. does； was
36. Many Americans enjoy going to the _________ to swim and surf （冲浪）.
A. museum B. mountain C. beach D. forest
37. There are many ______ on Sams farm.
A. mouse B. sheep C. cow D. horse
38. — Dont ________. She stayed up late last night.
A. wake up her B. wake her up
C. woke up her D. woke her up
39. The question is ________ hard _______ no one can answer it.
A. very； that B. really； that
C. so； and D. so； that
40. When I got home， I saw my baby sister ________ on the bed.
A. to play B. playing
C. played D. plays
41. The man shouted _________ the people on the bank for help.
A. for B. up C. out D. to
42. — When did you go to the art museum？
A. In five days B. For five days
C. Five times a day D. Five days ago
43. Miranda felt very ___________ after a days work.
A. surprised B. tired
C. interested D. worried
44. _____________ exciting movie it is！
A. What an B. How an
C. What D. How
45. — What did John do last weekend？
A. It was a great trip
B. He didnt think so
C. We enjoyed it a lot
D. He went to play basketball with Tom
Once there was a forest where many animals lived there. One day a family went to 46 their holiday （假期） in the forest， and the son left his socks there. After the family left， a bear 47 the socks， and tried them on （试穿）. He looked very 48 in those socks.
All the animals 49 the bears new look. Soon， in the forest， the other animals started to wear clothes， squirrels （松鼠） on 50 and even mice on hats！ The forest doctor （医生） told animals， “This cant be good. Animals dont need clothes！” 51 no one listened to him. They said they would look beautiful in those clothes.
About in two weeks， the squirrel got his shirt on trees three times and it stopped him 52 up and down from a tree. The 53 couldn’t go into his hole （洞） if he didn’t take off his hat first. Even the bear， because of his socks， slipped （滑到） into the river and almost 54 himself.
When the animals came to see the doctor， he said， “Take off those clothes 55 one day they’re going to kill you.” Some animals listened to the doctor. And the animals knew that they didn’t need clothes at all. From then on， they never wear clothes.
46. A. pay B. cost C. spend D. take
47. A. lost B. found C. visited D. bought
48. A. bad B. terrible C. good D. funny
49. A. thought about B. thought of C. talked about D. talked with
50. A. trousers B. shirts C. shoes D. hats
51. A. And B. So C. Because D. But
52. A. walking B. jumping C. flying D. running
53. A. bear B. squirrel C. mouse D. lion
54. A. enjoyed B. killed C. kept D. helped
55. A. before B. after C. when D. as
Some children from the United States are having a talk together after they visit Hangzhou. What are they talking about？ Lets have a look.
Chris： I have a good time in Hangzhou from May 1st to May 5th. It is one of the most beautiful cities （城市） in China. It is a good place for people to visit. People in Hangzhou must be very happy.
William： There are many interesting places in Hangzhou. Of all the places， the West Lake is my favorite. It is one of the most famous （著名的） and beautiful lakes in China.
York： I like delicious food very much. I was very happy when I stayed in Hangzhou， because there was lots of delicious food. I like little steamed meat buns （小笼包） best.
Vera： I went to a high school. I had classes with Chinese students and played games with them. I talked with them happily. I will write to them after I go back home.
56. Where are these four students from？
A. America. B. China.
C. Canada. D. India.
57. Chris stayed in Hangzhou for _______ days.
A. three B. five C. two D. six
58. What does William think of Hangzhou？
A. Interesting. B. Clean.
C. Dirty. D. Terrible.
59. Why does York like Hangzhou？
A. Because the people there are very friendly.
B. Because there are many places of interest there.
C. Because he likes Hangzhou food very much.
D. Because he has many good friends there.
60. We cannot learn that ____________.
A. Vera will write to the Chinese students after going back home
B. York likes little steam meat buns best of all the Hangzhou food
C. this passage is mainly about their trips in Hangzhou
D. the West Lake is Chriss favorite place in Hangzhou
Last Saturday， Linda finished her homework， and she wanted to do something for fun. She thought watching TV， reading books and playing computer games were boring. And she wanted to do something different. So when she saw the lawn mower （割草机） she decided to mow the lawn.
“Mom，” she asked， “I think I can mow the lawn.”
Her mother said， “Oh no， you can’t. You’re too young to mow the lawn.”
“I’m fourteen years old and I know how to do it，” Linda said. “It can also help my dad a lot， and he doesn’t have to worry about it over the weekend.”
Her mother thought for a minute and then said OK. Linda wore gloves （手套） and made sure the lawn mower worked well. She started the lawn mower. She knew how to use the lawn mower by watching her dad. Her mother watched her from the kitchen window （窗户）. Linda really knew how to mow the lawn. When she finished， she was quite happy. But she felt so hot. Her mother brought her some ice tea and said， “You did a great job. Your dad will be happy about it.”
Her neighbors knew Linda could mow the lawn. So they asked Linda to help them on Sundays. And Linda got some money from them. She was really happy because she could do something to help others.
61.After _______________， Linda decided to do something different.
A. reading books
B. playing computer games
C. doing her homework
D. watching TV
62. What does the underlined word “decide” mean in Chinese？
A. 决定 B. 思念 C. 创造 D. 紧握
63. Why didn’t Linda’s mother let Linda mow the lawn？
A. Because Linda was short.
B. Because the lawn mower didnt work.
C. Because Linda’s father wasn’t happy about it.
D. Because she thought Linda was too young.
64. Before Linda mowed the lawn， she ______________.
A. drank some tea
B. wore gloves
C. learned how to mow
D. asked her mother for help
65. From the passage， we can know that ___________.
A. Linda mowed the lawn before
B. Linda was 13 years old
C. Lindas mother bought an ice cream for her
D. Linda’s father didn’t have to mow the lawn this weekend
66. The cat got a m_________ in the kitchen.
67. When did you s_____________ to read it？
68. Tony is just a b___________ and he can only have milk.
69. James parents bought a house near a l_________.
70Tigers live in the f________.
71. ____________ （印度） is also a big country with a long history.
72. We saw a ______________ （蛇） on our way to the mountain.
73. What does the ________ （月球） go around？
74. Everyone should know the importance of ________ （自然的） food.
75. I got a ____________ （惊讶） when he showed up in front of me.
good， high， kind， sheep， visit
Dear friends， do you like traveling （旅游） Welcome to Xining and go for a trip to Qinghai Lake.
The Qinghai Lake is not very far from Xining. Its a great lake in China. Every year many 76.________ come here for its natural beauty --- 77.________ mountains， blue water and green grassland （草原）.
If you want to come， please come in summer. Its the 78.________ time to visit this place. The weather is sunny and there are lots of cows and 79.________ on the green grassland（草原）. You can watch beautiful sun and different 80.________ birds （鸟）. You can also ride a horse on Haixin Mountain. On Niaodao you can feed birds. You will love this beautiful place.
________ _______ we need to study hard.
He ______ a teacher in a ______ _________ three years ago.
I ________ ________ ________ _________ _______ I didnt get to school on time.
The bird ______ ______ when she ran over.
_______ _______ _______ they are！
It was dark. A wolf （狼） was walking along the road. Then he was surprised （惊讶的） to see his huge shadow （影子） under his feet.
“Wow， I didnt know I was so big！” the wolf was happy and said.
The sun was going down and his shadow grew bigger and bigger， so it looked like a giant （巨人）.
“Oh， look at my shadow. Im so big！” The wolf thought that he was as big as his shadow. “Im big and excellent. I dont need to be afraid of the lion，” He thought of himself as the king of the forest.
“Why was I afraid of the lion？ Lion！ Come out and lets fight！” says the wolf.
“Here I am. I heard you said you wanted to beat （打败） me. Now Im here，” the lion says.
The lion beat the wolfs head hard.
“Ah， help me！” the wolf cried （苦叫）. But it was too late when the wolf got to know that he wasnt as big as his shadow.
At last， he was the lions delicious dinner.
86. Why was the wolf so surprised？
87. What did the wolfs shadow look like when the sun was going down？
88. What did the wolf think of himself？
89. Who lost the fight， the wolf or the lion？
90. What did the last sentence mean？
Unit 12 参考答案
二、31-35 BCACC 36-40 CBBDB 41-45 DDBAD
三、46-50 CBCCB 51-55 DBCBA
四、56-60 ABACD 61-65 CADBD
五、66. mouse 67. start 68. baby 69. lake 70. forest
71. India 72. snake 73. moon 74. natural 75. surprise
六、76. visitors 77. high 78. best 79. sheep 80. kinds
七、81. Thats why 82. was； high school 83. got up so late that
84. flew away 85. What beautiful flowers
八、86. Because he saw his big shadow.
87. A giant.
88. He thought of himself as the king of the forest.
89. The wolf.
90. In the end， the lion ate the wolf.
It was sunny and a little windy last weekend. On Saturday morning， I did my homework. In the afternoon， I went to play volleyball with my friends. I made a kite with the help of my father on Sunday morning. In the afternoon， I went shopping with my mother. And in the evening， I studied for the coming test. Then I went to bed.
I had a busy and happy weekend.