1. A. pass B. cross C. lost
2. A. sweep B. sheep C. sleep
3. A. behind B. in front of C. opposite
4. A. We wanted something to drink.
B. We wanted something to eat.
C. We wanted to have a long walk.
5. A. My aunt brought a cup of hot chocolate today.
B. I havent bought a cup of hot chocolate as my aunt told me.
C. I brought a cup of hot chocolate for my aunt.
6. A. I’d like to. B. Good idea. C. Sorry， I can’t.
7. A. I ride to work. B. I like walking. C. I dont have a car.
8. A. It’s opposite Tian’anmen Square.
B. Go straight ahead and turn left.
C. Its far from here.
9. A. 10 minutes later. B. About 10 minutes. C. 10 minutes ago.
10. A. Sorry， I can’t. B. Yes， he has. C. No， he doesn’t.
11. Where does the woman want to live？
A. A place with a supermarket nearby.
B. A place with a park nearby.
C. A place with a hospital nearby.
12. What colour is the supermarket？
A. White and green. B. White and black. C. Red and green.
13. What subject is Bobs favourite？
A. Art. B. PE. C. Music.
14. Where is the boy？
A. In a bookstore. B. In a library. C. In a classroom.
15. What is this sweater made of？
A. Wool. B. Cotton. C. Silk.
16. Does Lucy look like Lily？
A. No， she doesnt. B. Yes， she does. C. Yes， Lucy does.
17. Who has big blue eyes？
A. Lucy. B. Lily. C. Lucy and Lily.
18. What is Lucy like？
A. Quiet. B. Shy. C. Outgoing.
19. What does Lucy like doing？
A. She likes singing. B. She likes riding. C. She likes reading.
20. Who is more outgoing， Lily or Lucy？
A. Lily. B. Lucy. C. Lily and Lucy.
21. The child is standing _______ her.
A. in front B. in front of C. in the front of D. the front of
22. —Who helped you clean the bedroom yesterday， Mary？
_______. I cleaned it all by myself.
A. Nobody B. Everybody C. Somebody D. Anybody
23. The box is _______ bananas.
A. fill with B. fill in C. full of D. full
24. —Do you think the _______ of this skirt suits me？
Of course！ You always look beautiful in red.
A. size B. design C. price D. color
25. _______ the train， please！ The train is leaving at once.
A. Get on B. Get off C. Get in D. Get up
26. Most students like the teachers _______ understand them well.
A. which B. who C. where D. when
27. They ate the packet of biscuits all _______.
A. on a go B. on one go C. in a go D. in one go
28. I’ll help you， _______ I don’t sleep for a night.
A. even if B. even C. when D. as
29. _______， the Internet was only used by the government. But now its widely used in every field.
A. As usual B. At first C. After all D. So far
30. I have been to Shanghai. I _______ there last month.
A. go B. went C. have gone D. will go
31. Mr Smith is quite busy today. He has _______ meetings to attend.
A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
32. _______ the students in our school _______ over two thousand.
A. The number of； is B. The number of； are
C. A number of； is D. A number of； are
33. —Do you know _______ woman in red？
Yes， shes a professor of _______ university.
A. the； a B. a； an C. the； an D. /； the
34. June is the _______ month of a year.
A. six B. sixth C. seven D. sh
35. This is a _______ car. _______ is over there.
A. visitors； My B. visitors； Mine C. visitors； Mine D. visitors My
Martin is a fifteen-year-old boy. He used to be a “problem child” but a recent 36 with his mother changed his life. He didnt use to give his mother many problems. 37 ， after his fathers death a few years ago， Martins life became 38 more difficult. His mother couldnt afford to pay for her childs education. To do this， she 39 work， and so was often not at home.
His mother looked after him as 40 as she could. Unfortunately， Martin still caused problems. He was not 41 in studying and he often got into trouble. Luckily， his mother was very 42 and didn’t give up trying to help him. In the end， she 43 a difficult decision： to send him to a boys’ boarding school. Martin hated it and used to cause a lot of trouble.
One day， he told his teacher he wanted to leave the school. The teacher said it was necessary for Martin to 44 with his mother. Martin called his mother， but to his 45 ， this phone call changed his life. “It was exactly 46 I needed，” he said. “My mother helped me to understand how much she had given me. She also told me that even though my father was no longer with us， he was 47 me and would always take pride in everything good I do. Thats when I decided to change. I realize that 48 my father died， I have been afraid of being alone， and have tried to make my mother pay more attention to me.”
Now Martin has 49 changed. He has been working hard and is now one of the best students in his class. How was he able to change？ His mothers 50 helped him to feel good about himself.
36. A. conversation B. report C. survey D. speech
37. A. So B. But C. Therefore D. However
38. A. very B. many C. much D. too
39. A. could B. had to C. should D. would
40. A. soon B. quickly C. well D. good
41. A. pleased B. tired C. bored D. interested
42. A. worried B. patient C. careful D. serious
43. A. made B. took C. got D. thought
44. A. argue B. say C. discuss D. talk
45. A. surprised B. surprising C. surprise D. surprises
46. A. which B. what C. that D. how
47. A. seeing B. noticing C. helping D. watching
48. A. since B. before C. after D. when
49. A. always B. hardly C. really D. just
50. A. advice B. love C. idea D. decision
Have you noticed your life becoming a little easier？ Now， when you go to a certain shopping mall， you can enjoy its free Wi-Fi there. When you want to take a taxi， you can book one with your phone. In fact， all these can be seen as the basic parts of a smart city.
The idea of a smart city was brought up by US company IBM in 2010. Generally， a smart city is a city that uses digital technologies such as the Internet to improve city planning， save money and resources， and make our life convenient. How smart can a city be？ Here are great examples that we can learn from.
In 2009， Dubuque became the first smart city in the US. The city used smart water meters to take the place of traditional water meters. They can detect（探测） water waste and leakage（泄漏） and send data to let the house owner know. The same system is used for other city resources like electricity and natural gas. This way， people know how they use their resources and are glad to help reduce waste.
Santander in Spain also gives us a look at the future. If people point a phone toward a nearby bus stop， the phone immediately shows all bus lines that serve the stop as well as their arrival times. The government organized a research team and provided an App（应用程序） that collects data on almost everything： light， temperature， and the movements of cars and people. Opening the App near a supermarket provides immediate information on special offers.
51. According to the passage， which of the following is TRUE？
A. Digital technologies are used in smart cities.
B. An English company first raised the idea of a smart city.
C. A smart city is mainly made up of free Wi-Fi and phones.
D. A smart city is still an idea and hasnt come into being.
52. The underlined word “convenient” is the closest in meaning to _______.
A. useful B. normal C. suitable D. easy
53. Compared to traditional water meters， smart water meters do better in _______.
A. cleaning water B. supplying water C. saving water D. producing water
54. The example of Santander shows the use of smart systems in aspects（方面） EXCEPT _______.
A. business B. health care C. traffic controlling D. public transportation
55. Whats the main idea of the passage？
A. Digital technologies help improve city planning.
B. Smart cities will make our future life better and smarter.
C. Smart cities are very common in both Dubuque and Santander.
D. Spain and the US take the leading position in building smart cities.
It is true that people with better education are usually able to get better paying jobs. In other words， they have more chances to choose a good job while people with little or no education don’t. It seems that the purpose of education is to make people get jobs. But this isn’t accepted by all people.
Some people may think that a person should spend the best years of his life to get education only for a way of living. This was probably one of the earliest reasons of education. In fact， if education is just a way of ng a living， people dont need to spend so much time in school. People can get education for a living in a short time. Subjects like history and geography need not be taught to everyone. Even language and mathematics need not be taught in detail（详细地） either. Here it is clear that education is much more than teaching a man to get a way of living.
Education is well-rounded and it is mainly for improving a man. It is not only to teach him to speak， read and write， but also to develop his creative thinking and other abilities. After that， it is to make him a wise man and thankfully enjoy the achievements of humans. Education is to make a man lead a better life. Educated people are expected to be able to listen to good music， read good books， watch plays and most of all take an interest in the world.
I would agree that ng a good living is an important reason for education， but certainly not the most important or the main reason.
56. People with little education usually _______.
A. spend a long time in school B. have a good chance to get a job
C. spend the best years to choose jobs D. have a smaller chance to get a good job
57. The earliest education was probably to _______.
A. make a man lead a better life B. teach a man to write and think
C. make people get a way of living D. teach people to read good books
58. The underlined word “well-rounded” in the passage means “_______” in Chinese.
A. 的 B. 崭新的 C. 公平的 D. 全面的
59. It is expected that educated people will be able to _______.
A. accept education as a way of living B. take an interest in the whole world
C. develop their abilities to make plays D. learn subjects like language and math
60. The passage mainly tells us that _______.
A. education should make a man improve
B. people can get education in a short time
C. people should be able to get better-paid jobs
D. all subjects are so important for a way of living
Every year thousands of people get hurt or die when they are crossing the road. Most of these people are old people and children. Old people often get hurt or die because they cant see or hear very well. Children often get hurt or die because they are not careful. They forget to look and listen before they cross the road.
How can we lower traffic accidents？ First， （64）all of us must obey the traffic rules. For the drivers， they shouldn’t drive too fast. If they drive too fast， it will be very difficult to stop the cars in a very short time. For the pedestrians（行人） first， they must be careful when they are walking on the road. When we walk across the road， we must try to walk underpasses（地下通道） or footbridges（步行桥）. We must walk the crosswalk. （65）We must stop and look both ways before crossing the road. Look left first， next look right， and then look left again. Only when we are sure that the road is clear can we cross it. The right way to cross the road is to walk quickly. It’s not safe to run. If people run across the road， they may fall down. Second， try to help children， old people or the blind people to cross the road. Third， never play in the street.
61. Who are most easily hurt while crossing the road？ （Please answer within 10 words.）
62. How many solutions（解决办法） are mentioned in order to reduce traffic accidents？ （Please answer within 5 words.）
63. What shouldnt drivers do in your opinion？ （Please answer within 20 words.）
A. Whos broken it？
B. Thats great！
C. I’m afraid he can’t.
D. Whats the matter？
E. Hes good at mending tables and chairs.
Sam： Dont sit on the chair！
Sam： Look！ One of its legs is broken. Its dangerous to sit on it.
Sam： I dont know.
Alice： Lets tell our teacher about it. Maybe he can mend it.
Sam： 68 But I can mend it myself.
Alice： Yourself？ Have you learned to mend a chair？
Sam： Yes. My father is a worker. 69 And hes taught me how to do that.
Alice： 70 May I help you with it？
Sam： Certainly. Lets begin.
71. He went on working without _______（move） his head.
72. —Where is Miss Wang？
She _______（fly） to Beijing an hour ago.
73. Don’t forget _______（close） the door when you’re out.
74. We took some _______（photo） in the park last Sunday.
75. Today is March the eighth. It is _______（woman） Day.
76. The girl was unable _______（say） a word.
77. I have plenty of homework _______（do） this weekend.
78. I often dream about _______（go） to London.
79. The young man with _______（glass） is playing football.
80. Our city is getting more and more beautiful. It attracts lots of _______（visit） every year.
81. The boy is very young， so he cant go to school. （改为同义句）
The boy is _______ young _______ go to school.
82. The football match was put off because it was raining. （改为同义句）
The football match was put off _______ _______ the rain.
83. She is good at playing the piano. （改为一般疑问句）
_______ _______ good at playing the piano？
84. Allan went to play football with his friends at once after he finished his homework. （改为同义句）
_______ _______ _______ he finished his homework， Allan went to play football with his friends.
85. Our school is three kilometers from my home. （就画线部分提问）
_______ _______ is your school from your home？
2.参考词汇：the Palace Museum故宫
Thank you for your letter.
1. Cross the street and turn right.
2. We sweep the floor every day.
3. There is a bank opposite the bookstore.
4. We felt very thirsty after a long walk.
5. My aunt asked me to buy her a cup of hot chocolate， but I forgot it.
6. What about taking a bus to the train station？
7. Do you drive or ride to work every day？
8. How do I get to the Forbidden City？
9. How long does it take you from your home to school？
10. Does your father have to ride his bike to work every day？
11. M： Lily， whats the perfect neighbourhood in your heart？
W： Well， I dont want to live in a place with too many supermarkets， banks， or hospitals. I only want to find a place with a park.
Q： Where does the woman want to live？
12. W： Excuse me. Can you tell me the way to the Guangming Supermarket？
M： Go down this street， and turn left at the second turning. You can see a white and green building. Thats it.
W： Thank you.
Q： What colour is the supermarket？
13. W： What are you doing， Bob？
M： Im drawing a picture of my neighbourhood.
W： Its really nice！ Do you like art？
M： Yes， I also like music. But my favourite is PE.
Q： What subject is Bobs favourite？
14. W： May I help you？
M： Yes， please. I want to borrow some books about history.
Q： Where is the boy？
15. M： Its really a nice sweater.
W： Yeah. It’s made of cotton. And it’s cheap.
M： How much is it？
W： 120 yuan.
Q： What is this sweater made of？
Lucy and Lily are twins. They look the same. They both have big blue eyes. Their hair is curly and yellow. They are tall. But there are some differences between them. Lucy is quiet. She likes reading books. And she is good at languages. But Lily is more outgoing than Lucy. She likes playing with her friends. She does well in science.
答案：1～5 BACAB 6～10 BABBC 11～15 BABBB 16~20 BCACA
21. B in front of“在…前面”指在某物外部的前面。
22. A nobody“没有人”everybody“每个人”somebody“某个人”anybody“任何人”由答语后句句意“我自己打扫的”可推知没有人帮助她，故选A。
23. C be full of与be filled with同义，意为“充满，装满”
24. D size意为“尺寸，尺码”design意为“设计”price意为“价格”color意为“颜色”由答语句意“当然！你穿红色衣服看起来总是很漂亮”可知问句句意应为“你认为这条裙子的颜色适合我吗？”故选D。
25. A get on“上车”
26. B 由题干及句意“大部分学生喜欢那些很理解他们的老师”可知本题含有定语从句，引导定语从句时which修饰表示物的先行词；who修饰表示人的先行词；where修饰表示地点的先行词；when修饰表示时间的先行词。空格前的teachers是表示人的名词，用who来修饰，故选B。
27. D in one go意为“一下子，一口气”
28. A even if引导让步状语从句，意为“即使”句意：我即使一夜不睡，也要帮助你。
29. B as usual“像往常一样”at first“最初；起初”after all“毕竟”so far“到目前为止”由But now its widely used in every field.（但是它现在被广泛应用于每一个领域）中的now （现在）及表示转折关系的but推知前句句意为“最初因特网只被政府使用”故选B。
30. B 本题考查一般过去时态。由句中的时间状语last month（上一个月）可知应用一般过去时态。故选B。
31. D a few修饰可数名词复数，表示肯定意味。
32. A the number of表示“…的数目”后面的谓语动词用单数形式。a number of表示“许多”修饰可数名词。
33. A 问句中介词短语in red（穿红色衣服）作定语修饰woman，由此可知此处是特指，前面应加定冠词the，排除B、D两项；虽然university的第一个字母是元音字母，但其读音以辅音音素开头，其前用不定冠词a。故选A。
34. B 句意为“六月是一年中的第六个月”
35. B visitor的所有格是visitors；后句用名词性物主代词mine作主语，代指my car。
36. A conversation意为“交谈，谈话”report意为“报告”survey意为“调查”speech意为“演讲”由文章第三段第三句中的this phone call changed his life（这次通话改变了他的人生）可知，此处应选A项，表示“但最近和一次谈话改变了他的人生”
37. D so意为“所以”but意为“但是”therefore意为“所以”however意为“然而”用于句首时，与句子其他部分要用逗号隔开。由前句句意“他过去不常给妈添麻烦”和空格后面的叙述，特别是第二段第二句Unfortunately， Martin still caused problems.可知，此处应表转折关系。再由空格后的逗号可知，应选D项。
38. C 空格后的more difficult是形容词的比较级，而选项A和D用于修饰形容词或副词原级；选项B是形容词，修饰名词复数；much可修饰比较级，表示程度，故选C。
39. B 由上文His mother couldn’t afford to pay for her child’s education.（他的妈妈不能支付她孩子的教育费用）可知，此处句意应为“为了做到这一点，她不得不工作，所以经常不在家”have to意为“不得不”表示由客观原因决定必须做某事，故选B。
40. C look after意为“照看，照顾”是动词短语，应用副词修饰，故排除D项。而A、B两项意思不符合语境。well是副词，意为“好，好地”符合语境要求。句意：他的妈妈尽可能好地照顾他。
41. D 由上句句意“不幸的是，马丁仍然闯了不少的祸”和后半句句意“他经常麻烦缠身”可知，此处句意应为“他对学习不感兴趣”短语be interested in doing sth.意为“对做某事感兴趣”故选D。
42. B worried意为“担心的”patient意为“有耐心的”careful意为“仔细的”serious意为“严肃的”由马丁四处闯祸可知，此处句意应为“幸运的是，他的妈妈非常有耐心，而且她从未放弃过尽力帮助他”故选B。
43. A make a decision是固定搭配，意为“下决心”故选A。
44. D argue with意为“与…争吵”say不与with搭配；discuss的搭配为discuss sth. with sb.；talk with意为“与…谈话”由后面的with可知，B、C两项首先排除；而A项在此不符合语境，故应选D项。句意：老师说马丁有必要跟妈谈一下。
45. C to ones surprise是固定搭配，意为“令某人惊讶的是”此处surprise用作名词，意为“惊讶，惊奇”
46. B 分析该句结构可知，空格处在此引导一个表语从句，且在从句中作needed的宾语，what有此双重功能，故选B。
47. D see意为“看见”强调看见的结果；notice意为“注意”指注意到某事或某物，强调动作；help意为“帮助”watch意为“注视”强调状态。分析上下文可知，此处表示“…爸爸虽然不再与我们在一起了，但他一直在注视着我…”强调的是一种持续的状态，故选D。
48. A since意为“自从”before意为“在…之前”after意为“在…之后”when意为“当…的时候”由后面my father died， I have been afraid of being alone...可知，此处符合“since+一般过去时态的从句，主句用完成时态”这一句型特点，所以选A。
49. C always意为“总是，一直”hardly意为“几乎不”really意为“确实”just意为“仅仅”由下文的He has been working hard and is now one of the best students in his class.（他一直努力学习，并且现在是班上最好的学生之一）可知马丁发生了很大的变化，故正确答案为C，表示“现在马丁确实变了”
50. B advice意为“建议”love意为“爱”idea意为“主意”decision意为“决定”通读全文可知，是爱使他改变了，故选B。
51. A 由文中第二段a smart city is a city that uses digital technologies（智能城市是一个使用数码技术的城市）可知，A项正确；而由The idea of a smart city was brought up by US company IBM in 2010.（智能城市的想法是由美国IBM公司于2010年提出的）可知B项是错误的；由文章第一段最后一句中In fact， all these can be seen as the basic parts of a smart city.（实际上，所有这些可以看作是智能城市的基础部分）可知C项说法不全面；由第三段第一句In 2009， Dubuque became the first smart city in the US.（2009年，迪比克成为美国第一个智能城市）可知D项不正确。故选A。
52. D useful意为“有用的”normal意为“正常的”suitable意为“合适的”easy意为“容易的；舒适的”结合第一段第一句Have you noticed your life becoming a little easier？你注意到你的生活变得更容易些了吗？可知make our life convenient中的convenient与easy同义，故选D。
53. C clean water意为“净水”supply water意为“供水”save water意为“节水”produce water意为“制水”由文章第三段第三句They can detect water waste and leakage and send data to let the house owner know.（它们能探测水浪费和渗漏情况并发送数据资料让房主知道）可知，该题选C。
54. B business意为“商业”health care意为“健康护理”traffic controlling意为“交通控制”public transportation意为“公共交通”由第四段中的If people point a phone toward a nearby bus stop， the phone immediately shows all bus lines that serve the stop as well as their arrival times.（如果人们把手机指向附近的一个公交车站，它立刻呈现服务这个站点的所有公交车线路及它们的到达时间）可推知，智能可应用于交通控制和公共交通；由文章最后一句Opening the App near a supermarket provides immediate information on special offers.（在超市附近打开应用程序，它立即有关优惠价的信息）可知，智能也用于商业。而B项没有提及，故选B。
55. B 由文中提及的“城市智能化能让人们的生活更方便、省钱、节能”可推知，文章的中心思想应该是：智能城市会让未来的生活更好、更智能。故选B。
56. D 根据文章第一段第二句话In other words， they have more chances to choose a good job while people with little or no education dont.可知选D。
57. C 根据文章第二段第一、二句话Some people may think that a person should spend the best years of his life to get education only for a way of living. This was probably one of the earliest reasons of education.可推知此题选C。
58. D 该单词所在的句子是第三段的主题句，而该单词是该主题句的关键词。由本段的内容可知，教育的目的是从各个方面提高人的素质，由此可推知该单词的意思是“全面的”故选D。
59. B 根据文章第三段的最后一句话Educated people are expected to be able to listen to good music， read good books， watch plays and most of all take an interest in the world.可知，受教育的人都期望能够听好音乐，读好书，观看戏剧，而最重要的是对整个世界有兴趣。故选B。
60. A 根据文章第三段的第一句话Education is well-rounded and it is mainly for improving a man.可知，教育是全面的，它主要是为了提高人的整体素质。故选A。
61. Old people and children. 62. Three （solutions）.
63. Drivers shouldn’t drive too fast and they shouldn’t drive after drinking.（答案不唯一）
64. 我们都必须遵守交通规则 65. 在我们过马路前必须停下来向两边看看。
71. moving 介词without后若跟动词应用其动名词形式。
72. flew an hour ago是表示一般过去时态的时间状语。
73. to close forget to do sth.忘记做某事（事情还未做）
74. photos 前面有修饰词some，故photo要用复数形式photos。
75. Women’s Women’s Day意为“妇女节”
76. to say be unable to do sth.意为“无法做某事，不能做某事”
77. to do 不定式作定语，不定式和它所修饰的词之间是动宾关系。
78. going 介词about后若跟动词应用其动名词形式。
79. glasses glasses此处意为“眼镜”
80. visitors 名词visitor意为“游客”lots of修饰可数名词复数。
81. too， to too... to...表示“太…而不能…”
82. because of because of后可跟名词。
83. Is she 含有连系动词的句子改为一般疑问句时，通常将连系动词提至句首。人称代词除第一人称外，均不变化。
84. As soon as as soon as意为“一…就…”
85. How far how far提问距离。
One possible version：
Thank you for your letter.
I know that you want to visit China. Thats a good idea. As you know， Beijing is the capital of China. It has a long history， and there are many places of interest， such as the Great Wall， the Palace Museum and the Summer Palace. Summer and Autumn are the best time to come to Beijing. You can go surfing in Dalian or Qingdao in summer. The waves there are very beautiful. Im sure you will have a good time in China. Im looking forward to seeing you soon.
my weekend pian